Location: Needham, Massachusetts
Jennifer Laucirica is a member of the Needham law firm Orsi Arone Rothenberg Turner, LLP. The firm provides a full range of legal services in the areas of estate planning, taxation, business law, real estate and litigation. Jennifer Laucirica concentrates her practice in estate administration and litigation in the areas of probate and trust law, including trial practice and superior court practice.
Ms. Laucirica was named as a Massachusetts Rising Star, which appeared in the Super Lawyers publication of the November 2010 issue of Boston Magazine and New England Super Lawyers.
Ms. Laucirica was appointed to the 2018/2019 and the 2019/2020 MBA Civil Litigation Section Council, which addresses legal issues and legislative proposals pertaining to civil litigation practice in Massachusetts.
Ms. Laucirica was the Chair of the MBA Probate Section Council for the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 terms and an MBA House of Delegates Representative. As Chair, she presented the Bosch Litigation Report to the House of Delegates. She was an appointed member of the MBA Probate Section Council from 2005 to 2015. Ms. Laucirica was actively involved with the Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code legislation and implementation, including testifying before the House for its’ enactment. Ms. Laucirica was a member of Chief Justice Carey’s Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code Forms Implementation Committee. She has authored numerous publications in the areas of estate taxation, estate planning, trust administration and probate litigation and chaired various seminars in these practice areas for the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Boston Bar Association, and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
Ms. Laucirica has experience in all aspects of estate and trust administration and planning. Previously, Ms. Laucirica was a Trust Advisor with Loring Wolcott & Coolidge Trust Company in Boston, MA; the managing associate of estate administration for Goodwin Procter LLP in Boston, MA and Cushing & Dolan, P.C. in Boston, MA; and an estate settlement associate with State Street Global Advisors in Boston, MA.
Jennifer was the Probate Paralegal for the Office of the Attorney General and served as a speaking panelist for an Attorney General presentation on charitable interests in wills and trusts.
Ms. Laucirica received her Bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University (Cum Laude) and her Juris Doctor degree from Suffolk University Law School (Cum Laude) in 1999.
Ms. Laucirica is also a Committee Leader of Cub Scout Pack 7 and Scouts BSA Troop 7 of Scituate.
Areas of Practice
Estate Administration, Probate Law, Probate and Trust Litigation
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.S. – 1993
- Cum Laude
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. – 1999
- Cum Laude
- Addressing Probate & Estate Issues in Family & Divorce Law (MCLE, Inc. 2012)
- Probate Procedures of the Division of Public Charities (BBA, 1997)
- Preparing Estate Tax Returns, MCLE, Co-Author, (MCLE, Inc. 2004)
- MUPC Demystified Series I: Informal Probate, Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA, 2011)
- The New Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code (BBA, 2011)
- Trust Administration (MBA, 2011)
- Estate Planning Techniques to Avoid or Survive Probate Litigation (MBA, 2008 & 2009)
- Probate Implications of Divorce, MCLE, Co-Chair and Panelist, 2012
- MUPC Demystified Series I: Informal Probate, Massachusetts Bar Association, Chair and Panelist, 2011
- The New Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code, Boston Bar Association, Chair and Panelist, 2011
- The New Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code, MCLE, Panelist, 2011
- Trust Administration, Massachusetts Bar Association, Co-Chair and Panelist, 2011
- Estate Planning Techniques to Avoid or Survive Probate Litigation, Massachusetts Bar Association, 2008 & 2009
- Decoupling the Massachusetts Estate Tax, MBA, 2007
- Speaking engagement in support of the passage of the Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code, 2005
- Probate Procedures of the Office of the Attorney General Division of Public Charities, Boston Bar Association, Panelist, 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Admitted to the Massachusetts Bar
- Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code Implementation Committee 2010, 2011, 2012
- Appointed to the Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Section Council, 2005 through 2008; 2010-2014
- Vice Chair of Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Section Council, 2011/2012; 2012/2013
- Chair of Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Section Council, 2013/2014
- Boston Probate and Estate Planning Forum 2011/2012
- Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Section Council, Estate Planning Practice Group Chair 2006 through 2008
- Boston Bar Association Member